Wattle Park Primary will be following the three V's model - Ventilation, Vaccination, and Vital Steps
Click HERE for more information.
We are managing this requirement in line with Department of Education requirements to maximise ventilation through opening windows and doors. More details will be coming soon.
Vaccination - Staff and Students
Vaccination information for children and teenagers can be found HERE.
- Vaccination is not mandatory for students, however in alignment with health advice, vaccinations are strongly encouraged as the best way to protect individuals, families and school communities from further outbreaks and the spread of COVID-19.
- The Victorian Chief Health Officer has determined that COVID-19 vaccination will be mandatory for staff who work in schools.
- All staff who work in schools will be required to have a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 18 October 2021 or be able to produce evidence of a vaccination booking within the following seven days.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 29 November 2021 unless a medical exemption applies.
Department of Education Vaccination Policy and Guidance
- Facemask information for students can be found HERE.
- For all school settings, the Victorian Chief Health Officer Directs school staff and school students from Year 3 to Year 6 are now mandated to wear a face mask at school, including when attending an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program, unless a lawful exception applies.
- It is encouraged for students in Foundation to Year 2 to wear masks as above.
2. Social Distancing
- We will work with students to ensure social distancing is maintained, and there is limited mixing between the year levels.
- There will be no school excursions held at this time.
3. Hygiene and Testing
- We will continue to provide soap and hand sanitiser for all students and ensure we encourage students to wash their hands regularly.
- There will be no sharing of food.
- COVID-safe routine cleaning will continue.