We have a number of programs and activities in place to support our students at Wattle Park Primary.
At the beginning of each year in all year levels, we implement the Start Up Program which aims to:
- Allocate significant time to get to know our new group of students and allowing them time to get to know their teacher as a significant adult in their lives and each other.
- Allow our students to identify the unique qualities they have, that make them special.
- Recognise that each student and adult brings something to the group and that each should be valued as an individual.
- Develop clear understandings about the ‘Ways We Want to be Treated’ from both an adult and student’s perspective.
- Assist students and staff to make the transition between levels within the school.
- Support staff new to our school or a level in developing an understanding about what we value as a school.
- Introduce skills and tools to students using information that is known to them, so they can use the same strategies later with challenging new information and learning.
We take great care to promote positive transitions and pathways throughout the school. A range of strategies including our school Start Up Program is complemented by our:
- Kinder to Foundation Transition Program
- Year 6 to Secondary Transition Program
We understand the current environment can be challenging, so please see a list of resources from the Department of Education and Training that might assist you and your family at this time.
To view the DET resources, please click HERE.