As part of our COVID-safe measures, we have plans in place to ensure our environment is as safe as possible. Below is an overview of what we are doing at Wattle Park Primary.
For more details, please visit our pages: Ventilation, Vaccination & Vital Steps, and Management of COVID19 in schools.
1. Rapid Testing
- Free rapid antigen tests will continue to be available for all staff and students in Victorian schools
for Term 3, 2022.
- WPPS will give these to students once we have delivery from DET. We encourage students to be tested each Monday and Wednesday.
- Tests will be available for the remainder of the term.
- Rapid Antigen Test packs of 5 (1 pack per child) will be distributed to each student (F-6 inclusive) by their classroom teacher every fortnight on Tuesdays.
- Students not present on Tuesday can collect their allocated tests from the School Office
- Students and staff will test at home and must report any positive results to Wattle Park Primary by email firstname.lastname@example.org;calling 03 9808 2165 and the Department of Health Rapid test system or via the Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398.
2. Mask Wearing
- Face masks while recommended, face masks are not required in any school settings from 11.59pm 22 April 2022.
- Any students or staff members who wish to wear a mask may do so, including those who
are medically at-risk.
- Household contacts attending school who are over 8 years of age are required to wear face masks
indoors unless they have a valid exemption.
3. Parents/Carers On Site
- Parents and carers are not allowed in school buildings at any time.
- We would request that parents and carers spend limited time on site and observe socially distancing requirements.
- If you are required to attend the office for an appointment, you must sign in via the COMPASS portal in the office.
4. What to do if your child is COVID positive
- Please notify the school if your child is Covid positive (03 9808 2165) and have them isolate at home for five days, or more if their symptoms persist.
- If a student test positive with a RAT they are strongly encouraged to obtain a PCR test within 48 hours
- A student with a positive RAT who receives a negative PCR test within 48 hours after the positive RAT student can end their period of self-isolation period. They can safely return to school.
5. If your child is a household contact
- A student or staff member is a household contact they are no longer required to quarantine as long as they take additional safety measures. They are required to:
• notify the school that they are a household or household-like contact.
• undertake daily rapid antigen testing five times within the 7 days;
• wear a face covering when indoors (if aged 8 years and above or unless they have a valid exemption)
6. If your child has COVID symptoms
- If your child has any symptoms, including:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
Please keep them home from school until symptoms disappear.
If you have any questions, please contact our school office on 9808 2165. Thank you for your understanding and we will continue to update you as information comes to hand.